Gentlewaves LED Light Therapy
Exercise is for the body what GentleWaves treatments are for the skin. The Gentle Waves Skin Fitness System™ is about promoting skin that’s better-looking and healthier from within. The First FDA-cleared Light Emitting Diode (LED) system for the treatment of periorbital (eye area) wrinkles and rhytids, Gentle Waves® LED Photomodulation repairs and strengthens skin by building new layers of collagen which is vital to skin structure as we age.
In 2003, Light BioScience® changed the way dermatologists approached anti-aging and skin rejuvenation with the introduction of the GentleWaves® LED Photomodulation®. With LEDs, GentleWaves® uses a carefully timed sequence of emissions to activate the skin's natural rejuvenation process. This novel technique to skin rejuvenation has no pain, side effects, or downtime. It is extremely fast, lasting less than a minute. GentleWaves® has clinically demonstrated to show improvement in the majority of patients after 8 treatments.
The treatment of choice for cosmetic surgeons worldwide for wrinkle reduction, brown spots and freckles (hyperpigmented lesions) and other skin conditions associated with sun damaged skin, GentleWaves® LED Photomodulation® is safe, affordable and effective for all skin types. There is no pain, redness, peeling, side effects or downtime involved with GentleWaves®; zero aftercare is needed. There are no risks associated with treatment.
There are many ideal candidates for GentleWaves®, including:
- Individuals who have been waiting for a gentle, pain-free skin fitness regime without side effects, downtime or a huge investment.
- Individuals wanting to reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles.
- Individuals desiring younger, radiant looking skin.
- Individuals wanting to enhance benefits of laser surgery, face lift and/or plastic surgery.
- Individuals seeking to repair sun damage and improve the appearance of age spots
- Individuals wanting to improve the overall texture of their skin.
(From J G Khoury and M P Goldman Paper "LED after IPL")
Left: Before IPL
Right: After IPL both sides of face, Right side also treated with Gentlewaves (note decreased redness), Left side only IPL, no Gentlewaves (mild persistant redness)
Clinical papers have shown:
- Reduction in fine wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and redness
- Improved healing times after IPL and Laser treatments
- Less risk after CO2 laser treatments of hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation
- Improved redness in patients who have had IPL and Laser treatments or sunburned patients.
Gentlewaves LED Photomodulation Video
Another Gentlewaves Video
Dr Weiss Peer Reviewed Gentlewaves Paper.pdf
Gentlewaves is now complimentary at the Aesthetic Clinique with all of our VBeam and Fraxel Laser treatments. This improves healing time and redness following these procedures.